HCL Commerce is a platform for developing and managing e-commerce websites and applications. It is a suite of software products developed by HCL Technologies that provides businesses with tools to create and manage online stores, process payments, and fulfill orders.
HCL Commerce provides a range of features including product catalog management, shopping cart functionality, order management, and customer relationship management. It also integrates with a variety of third-party tools and systems, including payment gateways, shipping and tax calculators, and marketing and analytics tools.
The platform is designed to be flexible and scalable, and can be customized to meet the specific needs of different types of businesses, from small online retailers to large multi-channel enterprises.
HCL Commerce V9 is the latest version of the HCL Commerce platform, which was released in 2019. It is a major update to the previous version of the platform, which was known as IBM WebSphere Commerce, as HCL Technologies acquired the product from IBM in 2019.
HCL Commerce V9 includes a range of new features and enhancements that are designed to improve the platform’s performance, scalability, and flexibility. Some of the key updates in HCL Commerce V9 include:
- Improved cloud support: HCL Commerce V9 includes new deployment options for cloud-based environments, including support for Kubernetes and Docker.
- Enhanced REST APIs: HCL Commerce V9 provides a more comprehensive set of REST APIs, which enable developers to create custom applications and integrations with other systems.
- New storefront architecture: HCL Commerce V9 features a new storefront architecture that is designed to improve performance and scalability, as well as provide a more flexible framework for customization.
- Upgraded search functionality: HCL Commerce V9 includes an upgraded search engine that provides faster and more accurate search results, as well as new capabilities for personalization and recommendation.
- Improved developer experience: HCL Commerce V9 includes a range of updates to the development environment, including improved tooling and documentation, as well as support for modern development frameworks and technologies.
Overall, HCL Commerce V9 is a significant update to the platform that provides new capabilities and improvements for developers and businesses looking to create and manage online stores and e-commerce applications.